Monday, November 24, 2014

November 23 2014- Happy Thanksgiving


Well hello family it’s been another week as I look back I cant believe that it’s been another week! Some days seem to go by FOREVER! But overall the weeks are going by way fast! But wow I can’t believe Cory is home... I remember her with her call at our house! That’s nuts. Tell her hello and I love her! Also tell the family I love them all and miss them to enjoy the Thanksgiving! The time is starting to speed up a bit! It’s weird actually I made a goal two weeks ago that I was going to take down all the pictures of the family I had on my desk and move them to my room and replace them with pictures of the savior and I feel like that’s really helped me! I have noticed that I am starting very slowly to understand what’s going on! Like slowly I’d say I am probably understanding about 60%, depends on the subject... but speaking on the other hand is not the best actually I am not good at it at all HaHa but I don’t know. I sometimes feel like I am heading home with Elder Schaffer its kind of weird because people are always bringing it up like Elder you only have 3 weeks and we have so many appointments for food because of that, so it like makes me feel like I am just heading out with him HA but obviously not close! I don’t feel ready yet I still have a ton of work to do here. But this week we actually got punted a but we had some lessons with a family named the Castor family and two of them accepted baptismal dates and we have three progressing that tomorrow if all goes as planned we will be giving dates to. We should have about 7 baptisms on Christmas which I’ll be baptizing like I’m excited but I don’t feel like I should be doing it. It should be Elder Schaffer! But it’s okay. I’m super excited for them to make that step! Let’s see, other than that we taught the first lesson to those families and that’s about it as work goes. We had a ton of hours about 58 hours of work but not a ton of lessons. We caught people at a bad time or something. They all came to church though we had 7 at church! That’s solid! Two great weeks in a row! So one night we worked with our branch president and he has this old jeep like from WW1 or something? I don’t know but its wayyyy old but anyways he took us to a couple referrals then after I was in the back looking up at the stars which are sweet here. Every night I pull out my yoga mat and look at them and stretch! But I was just overwhelmed with the feeling of how in the world did I get so blessed to have the life I have and these people I look at them and literally they have NOTHING I don’t think you all understand the level of poverty some of these people are in. And it makes me think sometimes who am I this spoiled kid to tell these special humble people to pay tithing when it was hard for them to pay because maybe I would be able to buy lunch one day instead of bringing a sac lunch ya know? I’ve just realized how blessed we are to have the lives we do. I have really been thanking the Lord for all the blessings that I have!! That’s about all for this week but I love you all!! Enjoy your Thanksgiving they don’t celebrate it here so the three of us white guys in the house are buying a chicken to eat:) yummmmm! Take the time this week to realize the AMAZING LIFE WE ALL HAVE! 
Love Elder Cuillard





Love Elder Cuillard

No comments:

Post a Comment