Thursday, August 21, 2014

We got a written letter from Elder Cuillard earlier in the week...See below!
August 16, 2014
Hey! So I just wanted to let you know I am doing well. I honestly feel like I am understanding my purpose as a missionary. I think its kicked in a lot the last couple days. Not saying this is easy because it’s the hardest thing I have ever done. Especially emotionally. But I am feeling like God is truly holding me. Even though this place is so hard for me knowing I’m so close to home and all. I have realized the blessings of exact obedience. I can say it’s hard but so worth it. I don't even chew gum and I love gum. But my branch president asked us not to so I don’t. Also no music in the classroom is hard. Well, I will be honest, the language is HARD! But I am studying so much by the end of the day I am SO tired. I miss naps SO MUCH! But its ok I will live. I just wanted to write because emailing was crazy this week. I had 38 emails. I didn't even write back or read half of them. Seriously thank you for everything you have done for me. You don't know how grateful I am. I love you and miss you but I know our family will be blessed for it. I just hope you guys remember to read your scriptures. It has been a huge blessing. I know more doctrine than most of the missionaries. Well, I am doing well, don’t be too worried about me. I am in Gods hands.
Aug 17, 2014
Its Sunday now. I wrote the last part Saturday night. So here is some news for you all. My comp and I just got called to be Zone Leader. Not this Wed but next Wednesday. We will be receiving 4-5 new districts so around 40 new districts in our zone will be here, around 75 elders in our zone for a week or so then 3 districts will leave. But woah that's crazy. We got called in this morning and have already taught 2 lessons and have had meetings all day long. But I just got done and we had to eat in 20 min. then go to a leadership training meeting. So Dad and Mom feel free to give me any advice, I could use it. But I am excited, I was like wait what? I have only been here 10 days that's it. But its just making me want to be better. I like already just want to serve them. Seriously the Lord is crazy how he works. I am going to need to work 100 times harder to make sure all runs smoothly. I prayed today and I just cant wait! Our zone is going to baptize and convert the whole island of the Philippines. It reminds me of the stripling warriors everyone is just so AMAZING. Everyone says they look up to my comp and I but I just don’t know why. I feel like in a way really inadequate. But I will jut rely on the Savior/Spirit. Because that's all I got. I love you guys yo are amazing.Send my love to the family!

Elder Cuillard

No comments:

Post a Comment